Monday, November 29, 2010

November 27, 2010.

Like my sister Sam said, today marks the day that my dad passed away, 6 years ago. It is a long time but yet you can still feel and remember like it was just the other day. It was weird because I was driving home from Chuck's house on Saturday, trying to rush up there early so that I can put lights on the house, and I thought about him hard, something that I haven't been doing and don't often do anymore as much as I used to. I was upset with myself that I let that happen. But I have since thought about him, and wonder everyday what he is up to. Whether he is going to make my day hard or easy, or if he'll try my patience with a patient at work. There are certain things that happen and I know he is in control of it, so I laugh it off and carry on and send up a thanks. The cliche' of "You never know what you have until its gone", doesn't apply to me or my family with this situation, because I for one knew what I had in my dad and I was very lucky to have what I did with him. It's easier to move on everyday, but it's never easy knowing that the little-big things will happen without him there. There is one thing I envy of all my siblings, and that is that he was able to meet every one of there spouses and they met him. But with his own words, he would have said, "Bones, thats because your special and I look at you different". I can go on forever, but there are things I would love to keep for myself. Dad, I hope you are happier than ever, whereever you are, and that you have all the best things waiting for us. Although, we would all disagree and think you were happier here on earth, Im glad to know that your always watching over us. Watch over Chris when he goes to baseball, watch over Melissa when she is cooking and knows to turn the oven off, watch over Sam being so far away and driving down at Christmas, watch over Jenny when it comes time to get her promotion for manager, and most importantly watch over mom and give her all the happiness in the world that you can grab and let her live a long healthy life! I love you dad and think about the day often of when I will see you again.

1 comment:

  1. I remember how sad we felt for you guys losing your Dad like that. We hadn't known Samantha very long but we knew how close your family was. We were so glad we drove down for the funeral. It was so good and we felt like we got to know him a little bit through the video and the messages you guys gave him. I wish we could've met him.

    ReplyDelete