Sunday, November 14, 2010

A day in San Diego.



Pondering the thought of driving home or staying the night....driving home won.

One of many sunsets in San Diego.

I think Im actually going to blow this one up and frame it. I'm quite proud of myself with this picture. Chuck would call me the paparazzi, but in the end he is always happy that I got cool pictures.
These are statues next to The Midway ship. Bob Hope is to the left facing them making a speech, and the person holding the sign, says "thanks for the memories, Bob."
The true story behind this statue, was that the marine was so happy to be home and on land that he grabbed the first girl he saw and kissed her. He didnt even know her.
So you can say you got on your "Soap Box".
I have the talents of Picasso.

Along Seaport Village, they have sidewalk people trying to earn money, and this guy's talent was making rocks balance on top of each other. I wanted to sit there and watch him all day, but Chuck said no and I was running out of money to give him to keep going. He waited for the right time for enertia and balanced the rocks.
The now infamous Carnival Splendor that was stranded at sea for a couple of days with no power, and a bunch of Spam that never got eaten. One thing is for sure, I would have loved to have been a crew member, with bunches of overtime on my paycheck. And also a passenger to get a free cruise out of it again.

1 comment:

  1. I loved your trip.. So cute. Looks like you guys had a great time. I wish I was there! I feel you on the Yoda. I know that Sam was pretty upset about his white car so I know how chuck feels :) Except that Chucks was a lot better looking that ol' whitey!" :0) Charolette looks so dang cute too! I can't believe that is her! She looks so different! Miss you can't wait to see you soon! love ya

    ReplyDelete